Hallo Jack,

You have given a perfect example for wide row.  Each reading from sensor
creates new column within a row. It was also possible with Hector/CLI to have
millions of columns within a single row. According to this page
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CassandraLimitations single row can have 2
billions columns.

How does this relate to CQL 3 and tables?

I still do not understand it because:
- it looks like driver loads all column names into memory - it looks to me that
the 2 billions limitation from CLI is not valid anymore
- Map and Set values do not support iterator

Regards,
Maciej