Hi James,

Clustering is based on rows. I think that you meant not clustering columns, but
compound columns. Still all columns belong to single table and are stored
within single folder on one computer. And it looks to me (but I’am not sure)
that CQL 3 driver loads all column names into memory - which is confusing to
me. From one side we have wide row, but we load whole into ram…..

My understanding of wide row is a row that supports millions of columns, or
similar things like map or set. In CLI you would generate column names (or use
compound columns) to simulate set or map,  in CQL 3 you would use some static
names plus Map or Set structures, or you could still alter table and have large
number of columns. But still - I do not see Iteration, so it looks to me that
CQL 3 is limited when compared to CLI/Hector.

Regards,
Maciej