Write Consistency Level + Read Consistency Level > Replication Factor
ensure your reads will read consistently and having 3 nodes lets you
achieve redundancy in event of node failure.

So writing with CL of local quorum and reading with CL of local quorum
(2+2>3) with replication factor of 3 ensures reads and protection against
losing a node.

In event of losing a node, you can downgrade the CL automatically and then
also accept a little eventual consistency.

--
Colin
320-221-9531

On Jun 7, 2014, at 10:03 PM, James Campbell <ja...@breachintelligence.com>