Am 20.06.2014 um 23:48 schrieb Pavel Kogan <pavel.ko...@cortica.com>:

> 1) When new keyspace with its columnfamilies is being just created (every
> round hour), sometimes other modules failed to read/write data, and we lose
> request. Can it be that creation of keyspace and columnfamilies is async
> operation or there is propagation time between nodes?

Schema needs to "settle down" (nodes actually agree on a common view) - this
may take several seconds until all nodes have that common view. Turn on DEBUG
output in Java driver for example to see these messages.
CL ONE requires the "one" node to be up and running - if that node's not
running your request will definitely fail. Maybe you want to try CL ANY or
increase RF to 2.

> 2) We are reading and writing intensively, and usually I don't need the data
> for more than 1-2 hours. What optimizations can I do to increase my small
> cluster read performance? Cluster configuration - 3 identical nodes: i7 3GHz,
> SSD 120Gb, 16Gb RAM, CentOS 6.

Depending on the data, table layout, access patterns and C* version try with
various key cache and maybe row cache configurations in both table options and
cassandra.yaml