I'm also curious to know if this was ever resolved or if there's any other
recommended steps to take to continue to track it down. I'm seeing the same
issue in our production cluster, which is running Cassandra 2.0.10 and JVM
1.7u71, using the CMS collector. Just as described above, the issue is long
"Total time for which application threads were stopped" pauses that are not
a direct result of GC pauses (ParNew, initial mark or remark). When I
enabled the safepoint logging I saw the same result, long "sync" pause
times with short spin and block times, usually with the "RevokeBias"
description. We're seeing pause times sometimes in excess of 10 seconds, so
it's a pretty debilitating issue. Our machines are not swapping (or even
close to it) or having other load issues when these pauses occur. Any ideas
would be very appreciated. Thanks!