Rob,

The JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4446 refers to the
problem after we've invoked drain. However, we did not invoke drain or
flush. We are running one node cassandra within one data center and it is
being replicated with another node in another data center. We are using the
thrift API in java application to retrieve and modify the data from the
primary node only. We are not using the other node in the other data center
for any operations. The data loss well exceeds the commit log sync period.

Thanks,
Ankit