Well, I always wondered how Cassandra can by used in Hadoop-like
environment where you basically need to do full table scan.

I need to say that our experience is that cassandra is perfect for
writing, reading specific values by key, but definitely not for reading
all of the data out of it. Some of our projects found out that doing
that with a not trivial in a timely manner is close to impossible in
many situations. We are slowly moving to storing the data in HDFS and
possibly reprocess them on a daily bases for such usecases (statistics).

This is nothing against Cassandra, it can not be perfect for everything.
But I am really interested how it can work well with Spark/Hadoop where
you basically needs to read all the data as well (as far as I understand
that).

Jirka H.