If you are using Spark you need to be _really_ careful about your
tombstones. In our experience a single partition with too many tombstones
can take down the whole batch job (until something like
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-8574 is fixed). This was a
major obstacle for us to overcome when using Spark.

Cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Rantil