Hello all,
I have a new node that I want to add to the ring. The problem is that nodetool
says UJ I have left it for several days and the status has not changed. In
Opscenter it is "seen" as in an unknown cluster.
>From the time that I started it, it was streaming data and the data size is
>5,9 TB. This is very strange since all other nodes in the cluster have about
>3,3 TB of data. Also tonight I saw that it stopped getting streams and the
>status in nodetool was still UJ. So I thought to decommission the node delete
>the data and start again. Nodetool throws unsupported operation: local node is
>not a member of the token ring yet. So I have just restarted the node. Now
>streaming data begins again. At this rate, I'll run out of disk space on that
>node.One ideea that comes to mind is to stop, clear the data and restart. But
>I am not sure about the implications for that. Also, I have tried nodetool
>join. I got: This node has already joined the ring.
So nodetool status says UJ but nodetool join says otherwise, or am I not
understanding someting here.
Any ideeas?