C* version 2.0.12
How do I resolve item 2) ? Just want to mention that when the node is stopped,
nodetool status does not show it Down, it is missing from the list...
Thanks for the support.

     On Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:52 AM, Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
wrote:

 On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Batranut Bogdan <batra...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have a new node that I want to add to the ring. The problem is that nodetool
says UJ I have left it for several days and the status has not changed. In
Opscenter it is "seen" as in an unknown cluster.

If I were you, I would do the following [1]  :
1) stop the joining node2) make sure that the other nodes no longer see it
joining3) wipe the joining node's data directory4) verify cluster name is
correct in cassandra.yaml, and matches the other nodes5) re-join the node
What version of Cassandra?
=Rob[1] Which, jeesh, I should put into a "dealing with failed bootstrap" blog
post one of these days...