CQL is the future, and it provides a great high-level view of keyspaces. (I
am drinking the Kool-Aid.) But, I believe every C* developer needs to also
look at the table's internal structure, e.g., what do the column names
actually look  like. Only by keeping an eye on the physical structure can
you tune your queries for best performance.

To date, I have been using cassandra-cli to view the table's internal
structure. But, I get bombarded with all kinds of warnings about how I
should switch to CQL and stop using a deprecated product.

My question: After the revolution (once Cassandra-cli has been retired), how
am I supposed to look at the table's internal structure? Or, do you believe
that ultimately there will be no need or value in  looking at the internal
structure?  (I would disagree.)