In Cassandra 3.0 there will be a massive rewrite of what an sstable
even is, and the cli will be totally useless to inspect it.  there
won't be "column names" anymore, timestamps will be stored once per
row (assuming they're the same) and a whole slew of other
optimizations.  If you want to look at a table, a community project to
inspect a table byte by byte will be necessary since everything legacy
that made CQL inefficient on disk will be dropped.

--
Jon Haddad
http://www.rustyrazorblade.com