The short-term fix is probably to try increasing heap space (in
cassandra-env.sh). 8GB in the most standard but more may help in some
circumstances.

That said, your logs are pointing to a number of other issues which won’t
be helping and probably need to be fixed for long-term stability:
- swap enabled ( Cassandra server running in degraded mode. Is swap
disabled? : false,  Address space adequate? : true,  nofile limit adequate?
: true, nproc limit adequate? : true)
- low disk space ( Only 36948 MB free across all data volumes. Consider
adding more capacity to your cluster or removing obsolete snapshots)
- large partitions ( Writing large partition feed/messages:MANAGER:0
(175811867 bytes))

Cheers
Ben

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 at 01:11 Tobin Landricombe <to...@sensatus.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been googling various parts of this all day but none of the
> suggestions seem to fit.
>
> I have 2 nodes, one of which is a seed. I'm trying to add a third node
> but, after a few minutes in the UJ state, the node dies with the above
> error (http://pastebin.com/iRvYfuAu).
>
> Here are the warnings from the logs: http://pastebin.com/vYLvsHrv
>
> I've googled them but nothing seems appropriate.
>
> Debug log part 1: http://pastebin.com/b8ZSYtqV
> Debug log part 2: http://pastebin.com/1Bbb7Vf8
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Tobin