Oh right, that's what they advise :)
I'd say that you should skip the full repair phase in the migration
procedure as that will obviously fail, and just mark all sstables as
repaired (skip 1, 2 and 6).
Anyway you can't do better, so take a leap of faith there.

Intensity is already very low and 10000 segments is a whole lot for 9
nodes, you should not need that many.

You can definitely pick which CF you'll run incremental repair on, and
still run full repair on the rest.
If you pick our Reaper fork, watch out for schema changes that add
incremental repair fields, and I do not advise to run incremental repair
without it, otherwise you might have issues with anticompaction and
validation compactions running concurrently from time to time.

One last thing : can you check if you have particularly big partitions in
the CFs that fail to get repaired ? You can run nodetool cfhistograms to
check that.

Cheers,