Big partitions are an anti-pattern here is why:

First Cassandra is not an analytic datastore. Sure it has some UDFs and
aggregate UDFs, but the true purpose of the data store is to satisfy point
reads. Operations have strict timeouts:

# How long the coordinator should wait for read operations to complete
read_request_timeout_in_ms: 5000

# How long the coordinator should wait for seq or index scans to complete
range_request_timeout_in_ms: 10000

This means you need to be able to satisfy the operation in 5 seconds. Which
is not only the "think time" for 1 server, but if you are doing a quorum
the operation has to complete and compare on 2 or more servers. Beyond
these cutoffs are thread pools which fill up and start dropping requests
once full.

Something has to give, either functionality or physics. Particularly the
physics of aggregating an ever-growing data set across N replicas in less
than 5 seconds.  How many 2ms point reads will be blocked by 50 ms queries
etc.

I do not see the technical limitations of big partitions on disk is the
only hurdle to climb here.