I think the answer to that question will depend on your specific use case
and requirements.

If you're only doing a small number of updates but need to be sure they are
applied in order you may be able to use lightweight transactions (keep in
mind there's a performance hit here, so it's not an answer for high-volume
mutations).

For high-volume updates you could look at using an append-only time-series
style data model, using a default TTL to drop old data.

If your data isn't time-series in nature and has a high-volume of updates
then you really just need to make sure either your clients or Cassandra
nodes (preferably both) are in sync.

Justin