If you require the best precision you can get, setting up a pair of
stratum 1 ntpd masters in each data center location with a GPS modules
is not terribly complex. Low latency and jitter on servers you manage.
140ms is a long way away network-wise, and I would suggest that was a
poor choice of upstream (probably stratum 2 or 3) source.

As Jonathan mentioned, there's no guarantee from Cassandra, but if you
need as close as you can get, you'll probably need to do it yourself.

(I run several stratum 2 ntpd servers for pool.ntp.org)

--
Kind regards,
Michael