nothing in logs on the node that it was streaming from.

however, I think I found the issue on the other node in the C rack:

ERROR [STREAM-IN-/10.40.17.114] 2017-08-12 16:48:53,354
StreamSession.java:512 - [Stream #08957970-7f7e-11e7-b2a2-a31e21b877e5]
Streaming error occurred
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.CorruptSSTableException: Corrupted:
/ephemeral/cassandra/data/...

I did a 'cat /var/log/cassandra/system.log|grep Corrupt'  and it seems it's
a single Index.db file and nothing on the other node.

I think nodetool scrub or offline sstablescrub might be in order but with
the current load I'm not sure I can take it offline for very long.

Thanks again for the help.