Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your response. So I checked the system.log and I found the
following error at the end which I think is causing the problem.

Fatal exception during initialization
org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Found system
keyspace files, but they couldn't be loaded!

It could be due to removing some of the data. I ran the following command
to remove some data. sudo rm -rf /var/lib/cassandra/*

I am new to Cassandra and I think I made a mistake. So I had only one node
which was working fine with my tables that I had. I wanted to add a second
node and start using the real power of Cassandra. So I follow one of post
that I found, there were some changes in cassandra.yaml file and
afterwards I had to remove the files and that's why I run the remove
command. So right now neither of CQLSH and nodetool works. Please let me
know if you need any other information.

Here is a screenshot of the system.log. Thanks a lot for your help.

Best,
Amir

[image: Inline image 1]