Could you tell us the size and configuration of your Cassandra cluster?

Kenneth Brotman

From: shalom sagges [mailto:shalomsag...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:19 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Version Rollback

Hi All,

I'm planning to upgrade my C* cluster to version 3.x and was wondering what's
the best way to perform a rollback if need be.

If I used snapshot restoration, I would be facing data loss, depends when I
took the snapshot (i.e. a rollback might be required after upgrading half the
cluster for example).

If I add another DC to the cluster with the old version, then I could point the
apps to talk to that DC if anything bad happens, but building it is really time
consuming and requires a lot of resources.

Can anyone provide recommendations on this matter? Any ideas on how to make the
upgrade foolproof, or at least "really really safe"?

Thanks!