default_time_to_live
<https://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.3/cql/cql_reference/cqlCreateTable.html#tabProp__cqlTableDefaultTTL>
 property applies if you don't specify any TTL on your CQL statement

However you can always override the default_time_to_live
<https://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.3/cql/cql_reference/cqlCreateTable.html#tabProp__cqlTableDefaultTTL>
 property by specifying a custom value for each CQL statement

The behavior is correct, nothing wrong here