After a long time stuck in LEAVING, and "not doing any streams", i killed
Cassandra process and restart it, then again ran nodetool decommission
(Datastax recipe for stuck decommission), now it says, LEAVING, "unbootstrap
$(the node id)" What's going on? Should i forget about decommission and just
remove the node? There is an issue to make decommission resumable:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12008 but i couldn't figure out
how this suppose to work? I was expecting that after restarting
stucked-decommission-cassandra, it resume the decommissioning process, but the
node became UN after restart. Sent using Zoho Mail ============ Forwarded
message ============ From : Simon Fontana Oscarsson
<simon.fontana.oscars...@ericsson.com> To :
"user@cassandra.apache.org"<user@cassandra.apache.org> Date : Tue, 04 Dec 2018
15:20:15 +0330 Subject : Re: How to gracefully decommission a highly loaded
node? ============ Forwarded message ============ Hi, If it already uses 100 %
CPU I have a hard time seeing it being able to do a decomission while serving
requests. If you have a lot of free space I would first try nodetool
disableautocompaction. If you don't see any progress in nodetool netstats you
can also disablebinary, disablethrift and disablehandoff to stop serving client
requests.  -- SIMON FONTANA OSCARSSON
Software Developer

Ericsson
Ölandsgatan 1
37133 Karlskrona, Sweden
simon.fontana.oscars...@ericsson.com
www.ericsson.com On tis, 2018-12-04 at 14:21 +0330, onmstester onmstester
wrote: One node suddenly uses 100% CPU, i suspect hardware problems and do not
have time to trace that, so decided to just remove the node from the cluster,
but although the node state changed to UL, but no sign of Leaving: the node is
still compacting and flushing memtables, writing mutations and CPU is 100% for
hours since. Is there any means to force a Cassandra Node to just decommission
and stop doing normal things? Due to W.CL=ONE, i can not use removenode and
shutdown the node Best Regards Sent using Zoho Mail