An alternative approach is to form another new cluster, leave the original
cluster alive (many times
it's a must since it needs to be 24x7 online). Double write to the two
clusters and later migrate the
data to it. Either by taking a snapshot and pass those files to the new
cluster or with sstableloader.
With this procedure, you'll need to have the same token range ownership.

Another solution is to migrate using Spark which will full-table-scan. We
have generic code that
does it and we can open source it. This way the new cluster can be of any
size and speed is also good
with large amount of data (100s of TB). This process is also restartable as
it takes days to transfer such
amount of data.

Good luck