Instaclustr's done some analysis around "optimal" number of vnodes to use -
https://www.instaclustr.com/cassandra-vnodes-how-many-should-i-use/
I might be able to provide more details if you're interested.

As, Sean said, you can create the new DC with different number of vnodes.

Kind Regards,
*Gregory Raevski*