So gossip behaves reasonably well up into the ~1000 or so hosts per
cluster.

Repairs can get hard to schedule with ~256 vnodes and large numbers of
nodes. It's do-able, it just requires a bit of extra work. Personally, I
wouldn't run over 60 hosts with 256 vnodes, but I know from JIRA that some
people go quite a bit above that.

Going from 100 -> 150 is probably not going to be a deal breaker. I expect
you'll see quite a bit of compaction as you bootstrap/rebuild the new
hosts, but that's probably true for you now.