To avoid violating consistency guarantees, you have to repair the replicas
while the lost node is down

Once you do that it’s typically easiest to bootstrap a replacement (there’s a
property named “replace address first boot” you can google or someone can link)
that tells a new joining host to take over for a failed machine.