Premature send, apologies.

At minimum, I see the following needing to happen:

dc2:
    update cluster name in system.local
cassandra.yaml in dc2:
    cluster_name: change to new cluster name
    seeds: change to point at a couple of local nodes

system_auth, system_distributed, system_traces, and my keyspace replication
factors need altering

I guess the main issues I see are related to the timing of things. Seems
like I need to make sure the DCs are disconnected into separate clusters
before doing an ALTER KEYSPACE (since the ALTER will differ between dc1 and
dc2). That, and getting the nodes in each current DC to "forget" about the
other DC.