> 1) If I don't restart the node after changing the seed list this will
> never become the seed and I would like to be sure that I don't find my self
> in a spot where I don't have seed nodes and this means that I can not add a
> node in the cluster

Are you saying you only have 1 seed node in the seeds list of each node? We
recommend 2 nodes per DC as seeds -- if one node is down, there's still
another node in the local DC to contact. In the worst case scenario where 2
nodes in the local DC are down, then nodes can contact seeds in other DCs.

For the second item, could I make a small request? Since it's unrelated to
this thread, would you mind starting up a new email thread? It just makes
it easier for other users to follow the threads in the future if they're
searching for answers to similar questions. Cheers!