We tested this is dev and test before dropping in production but did not
see this issue in dev/test .
I am yet to hear from application team.
However if it was application read was happening from the dropped MV then
we would have caught this error in dev/test itself.
And we are running Cassandra 3.11.0 in dev/test and prod .

Just a thought