Hello,

When I invoke "node tool rebuild" command, I see it is a long running
process depending on the data size. I am implementing an API using the JMX
mBeans, since the rebuild is a long running operation, the API is waiting
for the rebuild to complete. Is there a way to make it asynchronous and
still capture the result from rebuild response. This is to ensure if the
rebuild is completed successfully.

Does Cassandra capture any details in the system table or anywhere else, so
I can make rebuild call and keep looking at the status for the completion
instead of waiting for the response from rebuild command?

Please let me know if there is any such option available?

Cassandra version: 3.11.3

- Jai.