Hello Exec developers!

I'm using your current 1.0 snapshot for an internal web application I'm
working on here.

In the process of discovering Apache Commons Exec, I also came across
some similar libraries I wanted you to be aware of for possible
inspiration / code-borrowing:

1 Sun's OpenJDK 7 uses a Redirect inner class with the ProcessBuilder
class to provide much greater flexibility for handling the streams
associated with a Process.  (This is GPL-licensed)

2. Eclipse's debug core has classes such as:
    org.eclipse.debug.core.model.RuntimeProcess
    org.eclipse.debug.core.model.IProcess
    org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugPlugin

3. Quartz Scheduler offers:
    org.quartz.jobs.NativeJob

4. Eclipse CDT has their own implementation of the Process class - but
differently named - that uses native code (JNI) to provide extra
functionality like sending POSIX signals to spawned processes:

    org.eclipse.cdt.utils.spawner.Spawner
    org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.internal.buildmodel.ProcessLauncher

Here's a list of some of the files:

spawner.c
Spawner.h
Spawner.Java
SpawnerInputStream.h
SpawnerInputStream.java
SpawnerOutputStream.h
SpawnerOutputStream.java
iostream.c
io.c
raise.c
Win32ProcessEx.c
ProcessFactory.java
ProcessList.java
CommandLauncher.java
CommandBuilder.java

They appear to support Windows, Solaris, Linux, Mac OSX, QNX, and AIX.

Regards and keep up the good work!

--
Scott Langley
Systems Analyst/Programmer