Hi,

I've a question about XMLPropertiesConfiguration in commons-configuration.

It's said in the Java Doc that "Configuration objects of this type can
be read concurrently by multiple threads. However if one of these
threads modifies the object, synchronization has to be performed
manually." I'd like to know more, especially about what should be
synchronized.

As I understand it, modifying the object means changing one of its
core values, like the file to load from/save to, the encoding, etc. It
doesn't mean adding or setting a property. Is that true ?

Also, if manual synchronizing is needed (because we change one of
these values), should it be done on the reloadLock returned by
getReloadLock, and then we'd not have to synchronize manually on

Thanks,
--
Julien