Am 18.04.2012 23:35, schrieb Julien Wajsberg:
Hi Olivier,

On 18 April 2012 21:40, Oliver Heger<oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>  wrote:

As I understand it, modifying the object means changing one of its
core values, like the file to load from/save to, the encoding, etc. It
doesn't mean adding or setting a property. Is that true ?

No, the configuration's properties are also affected. Internally, they are
stored in node-like structures which are not synchronized against concurrent
access. Therefore concurrent modifications can have unexpected results.

However, it seems like setProperty is synchronized with the reloadLock as well ?
(see
http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-configuration/commons-configuration/1.8/org/apache/commons/configuration/AbstractFileConfiguration.java#AbstractFileConfiguration.setProperty%28java.lang.String%2Cjava.lang.Object%29)

Am I missing something ?
You are right.

Originally access to properties was not thread-safe. Later on changes have been made to support concurrent access, so my information is not up-to-date.

However, I was not the author, and I am not sure whether really all access paths are synchronized.

Oliver

Thanks