Pointer is an interface that is considered part of the public API. Very
possibly the intent could have been more elegantly expressed by using the
NodePointer API, but this *would* be a case of relying on an implementation
detail, as NodePointer is the Pointer implementation used by
JXPathContextReferenceImpl.

Matt