Hi Paulo,

Paulo Roberto Massa Cereda wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I have to execute a certain system command according to the underlying
> operating system; so far, SystemUtils works like a charm. But now I'm
> facing a quite peculiar situation: I'd need to run a different code if
> my Java application is being invoked from a Cygwin session.
>
> I do not have a Windows machine (that's good!) so I cannot test how
> things go (that's bad!). Do you guys know if it's possible to find out
> if my code is running with Cygwin?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

What do you try to accomplish? Please understand, that all the Cygwin stuff
works only for applications compiled for Cygwin. Unless you don't have a JVM
compiled for the Cygwin core, every JVM is a native Windows application
which knowns nothing about Cygwin's Posix compatibility layer. Cygwin itself
forces therefore the launch of the Java runtime with an environment adjusted
for a pure Windows process.

> All the best and a happy new year!

Same to you.

Cheers,