Thanks for the hint, I'll do some experiments. Let's see how things go. :)

All the best!

Paulo

On 01-01-2015 21:10, Martin Gainty wrote:

Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 20:34:32 -0200
From: cereda.pa...@gmail.com
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: [lang] SystemUtils and Cygwin

Dear friends,

I have to execute a certain system command according to the underlying
operating system; so far, SystemUtils works like a charm. But now I'm
facing a quite peculiar situation: I'd need to run a different code if
my Java application is being invoked from a Cygwin session.

I do not have a Windows machine (that's good!) so I cannot test how
things go (that's bad!). Do you guys know if it's possible to find out
if my code is running with Cygwin?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
MG>https://www.winehq.org/download/
MG>Ubuntu/RH/Debian/CentOS/Fedora/SUSE/Slackware/FreeBSD

All the best and a happy new year!

Paulo