Hi,

I'm trying to write a very basic fulltext search facility and managed to get something working:

http://log4p.com/2009/05/28/simple-fulltext-analysis-in-couchdb/

Currently I sanitize the source text, remove stopwords (English that is) and emit a each term (with the number of occurences). Quite useful (for me) already.

The next step would be to add stemming, not to hard either (have a working prototype already). This does however present me with a new problem. I'd like to stem the provided keys in the REST parameters using the same stemmer used by the mapping code. Is there a way to process the parameters passed to a REST view within CouchDB? Or would I need to duplicate (port) the stemmer in the clients (which are various in various languages)?

kind regards,

Peter