I have done this.

A very easy and secure way of doing this is to use some kind of
"stock" smtp server ie. Postfix and set the mailbox_command to a
custom script then inserts the mail into couchdb.
http://wiki.kartbuilding.net/index.php/Procmail_-_setup_with_postfix

I used python since python has a good email parsing library, and
couchdb library, couchdbkit.

http://docs.python.org/library/email.parser.html

--Albin