You really are at the mercy of the folks who wrote the installer, perhaps
they will chime in.  The Registry system is quite complex and is a
combination of keys required by the system: security, uninstall, service
installation and keys which are set uniquely by the application (I assume
this is what you intended when you said APP REG KEYS).  So your best bet is
to go back to the couchdb installation source, talk to the installation
authors and hit the books.

BTW: The reason I asked your intent (i.e. your goal) was what you are
attempting to do is going to require some real effort - if do-able at all
and I was hoping that if I knew what you were trying to accomplish there
might be another way to achieve the goal.

Question:  I understand (from the Wiki) that mySQL does NOT run as a windows
service but as a process within the hosting application (e.g. as a linked
lib).  Is this not correct?

thanks

dlr

--