Wait...I believe you''re fundamentally have the idea of the update handler
wrong

"curl -s -X PUT 'http://localhost:5984/i7rmdb/_design/compnbd/_update/
timestamp/testid' -d @/tmp/2.json"

you don't need to pass in that json file

an update handler loads the latest version of that doc from the database
using the id you pass in the url...in this case it is "testid"
then couchdb places , a convenient version, of the http request you sent in
in the second parameter

your update function should look more like this:

function(doc, req) {
    if( doc.type == "profile" ) {

        var d = new Date();
        doc.serverISO8601time = d.toISOString();
        doc.serverTime = d.getTime() / 1000 ;
        log( toJSON(doc) ) ;
        return [doc , "OK"] ;
    }
}

and your curl command should look like this
"curl -s -X PUT 'http://localhost:5984/i7rmdb/_design/compnbd/_update/
timestamp/testid'

side note....pipe it into python -mjson.tool for nice json formatting