Yup...So, in whatever unit test framework one is running, the unit tests are
running, Assert.Fails and whatever else... but within those tests, say you want
to write out information about values and other results... or want to store the
end result files themselves in a global store for later retrieval. Many of the
frameworks provide a plug-in mechanism so you can write your own logger
plug-in... or the main files that record the overall UT runtime information are
stored as simple XML formats.. taking that information and aggregating it into
a central store for use in some fashion by reports etc.

So let's do a typical scenario in our environment... I'll point for it so I
don't ramble on.

- msbuild environment
- Jenkins as the build CI Server
- Projects are built and install packages made
- Each set of projects can have 1 or more sets of UT binaries generated. These
binaries are all bundled up into their own install package
- On some virtual machine, setup with pre-installed 3'rd party software for a
given product, the Product's main install is done and then the UT install for
that product is done (Using Jenkin jobs to coordinate etc)
- A small internal UTFramework Runner is kicked off and then begins running all
the given UT's on the system, each recording their information of pass and fail
etc.
- It's that information that we want to capture and record back to a central
location. Now Jenkins can capture the base UT runtime stuff and show the pass
fail results...but taking this information, along with anymore detailed logging
and storing it in a central DB for use later on is what I'm looking for. Not
overly hard to do...but that's what I'm asking the community about: if anyone
has done thing's like that or some other best practice scenario's using couchDB
in that fashion.