_db_updates is powered by the _global_changes database.

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vladimir Kuznetsov" <vova...@gmail.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org, "Joan Touzet" <woh...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 27 June, 2017 12:39:55 AM
Subject: Re: _global_changes purpose

Hi Joan

I heard /_db_updates is the feed-like thing I could subscribe to listen to the
global updates(same way you described). It is not very clear why would I need
access to _global_changes database when I already have /_db_updates method with
pagination and long-polling features.

Is listening on _global_changes's /_changes feed the same as listening on
/_db_updates? Or is there any difference? What is preferred?

thanks,
--Vovan