The situation is this:
There is client side encrypted data on S3. There is an EMR cluster that uses
this as EMRFS. The EMR client reaches out to a custom java class for decrypting
it. EMR does it using the envelope encryption method, documented on AWS.
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/emr-plan-cse.html
My question was, is there a way that I can use the custom java module that I
have (aka EncryptionProvider) to work with Drill so that I can achieve the same
kind of envelope decryption that EMR does? Or does it have to be a completely
new UDF that I use that in turn calls a custom Java module that can decrypt
this data? Apologies if my message is confusing.
-Ganesh