Drill should work on Cloudera and other distributions. You can refer to
https://drill.apache.org/docs/file-system-storage-plugin/ for details on
configuring a distributed file system plug-in.

Can you try specifying the IP address of the primary namenode instead of
"nameservice-ha" in the DFS storage plug-in? I understand that you have HA
configured, but I don't think there is a way to specify that in Drill,
afaik.

I remember reading in one of the old threads here that you could copy the
hdfs-site.xml into Drill classpath - but I'm not sure how exactly that
works. Someone else can comment.

-Abhishek