Same issue here. As suggested, I am working it around, by directly
specifying the active namenode's ip in DFS storage plug-in.

However, when I use hive storage plugin I still get:

Error: SYSTEM ERROR: UnknownHostException: denominator

even though I configured  fs.default.name to also point to the active
namenode's ip:

{
>   "type": "hive",
>   "enabled": true,
>   "configProps": {

    "fs.default.name": "hdfs://ACTIVE_NAMENODES_IP:8020",

  }
> }

So I guess that behind the scenes there's still some fetching of the
configuration from core-site.xml/hdfs-site.xml. Any idea how to work around
this? Otherwise, it seems impossible to use hive plugin on a HA configured
cluster. Maybe someone could elaborate on the suggestion of passing custom
hdfs-site.xml to Drill's classpath?

Best,
Jakub

--
Jakub Kukul
Data Engineer

ja...@mbr-targeting.com
phone: +49 30 69817113

mbr targeting GmbH
Hobrechtstr. 65 | 12047 Berlin
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg | HRB 136489B
Geschäftsführer: Pablo Metz, Christoph Tavan