I have downloaded 1.3 and made a quick test of the new extractHeader feature
for text files.

So I updated the storage details and created a dummy test file:

col1,col2,col3
geercken,uwe,22
karlson,peter,33

when I query the data with this: select *  from dfs.datatransfer.`test.csv` -
it works.

when I query the data with this: select col1,col2  from
dfs.datatransfer.`test.csv` - it works.

when I query the data with this: select col1,col2,col3  from
dfs.datatransfer.`test.csv` - it gives me an exception:

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: SYSTEM ERROR:
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 Fragment 0:0

I figured out, that if I add a comma (,) after "col3" in the header it works.
So obviously the process does not notice the last column of the header.

If I set extractHeader to false and add skipFirstLine instead and do this:
select columns[0], columns[1], columns[2]  from dfs.datatransfer.`test.csv` -
then it works. So the problem seems to be only the header row.

I verified the same problem with other files, but can somebody please
cross-check before I add a Jire?

Thanks,

Uwe