From: Timothy Findlay [mailto:timothyfind...@nbnco.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:49 AM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: JDBC Ignores URL ?

Hi,

I know this sounds crazy, but here is how I got the problem.

-        I downloaded Drill 1.4.0 and dropped it in a Centos VM (Virtualbox)

-        Configured Zookeep, Started Drill service (daemon)

-        Tested using SQLLine, all good.

-        Picked the drill-jdbc-all-1.4.0.jar from the JAR's folder

-        Started Squirrel as described. Added the driver, with the JAR, set the
Driver name

-        Created an Alias and set the URL to jdbc:drill:zk=192.168.56.102:2181

-        Trying to connect I get Caused by:
oadd.org.apache.drill.exec.rpc.RpcException: CONNECTION :
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information:
localhost/127.0.0.1:31010

I've checked the VM, there's no firewall or anything stopping it. But if you
look closely, where the heck is it getting port 31010 from ? and Drill is
running on a VM, not localhost.

What gives ? How can I put in configuration details and it seems to ignore them.

Any hints/tips would be appreciated.

Tim.