Hey all, I am trying to "Ease" my users into using drill.

One thing that I'd like to automate for them is the initial connection,
basically, my zk string

jdbc:drill:zk:zknode1:5181,zknode2:5181,zknode3:5181

Is a bit of pain, in addition, my users have to find sqlline, so what if I
change versions etc... my idea was to put an executable script in /usr/sbin
named zetadrill (zeta is a nod To Mr. Scott!)

Basically, that has the path and I hoped the connect string so users would
not have to find my sqlline, nor would they have to know/remember zookeeper
information. Ideal world: They'd type zetadrill and it would say "Please
enter Username" "Please enter password" and they'd be good to go.

So I tried using -u flag.

When I do that (without a username and password) it fails out on me,
basically telling me that auth failed (invalid user credentials).

I obviously can't put a username and password in the script, running the
connect with -u and -n (no password) results in the same failure.

I guess I am asking: Is there any way to provide a connection string, and
then have sqlline prompt for credentials? This would make the user exp so
much better.

Thanks in advanced!