How about this bash script I just whipped up for a workaround for now?

#!/bin/bash
   USERNAME=$1
   PASSWORD=$2

   if [[ -z $USERNAME ]];
   then
       echo "Please enter at least a username"
       exit 1
   fi

   if [[ -z $PASSWORD ]];
   then
       read -s -p "Enter Password for ${USERNAME}: " PASSWORD
       echo ""
   fi

   /opt/mapr/drill/drill-1.4.0/bin/sqlline -u jdbc:drill: -n $USERNAME
-p $PASSWORD

​

Chris Matta
cma...@mapr.com