Hello Everyone,

I have a set of parquet files which where created as a result of a batch ETL
job (using Sqoop 1).

I can query the fields normally without any kind of formatting and all is
well...

However, when i try to create a view with the following code

CREATE VIEW `dfs.asra`.`vw_tbl_settlement` AS
SELECT id, settlement,  settlement_type, to_timestamp(to_char(settlement_date,
'#')) as settlement_date
,transaction_id, transaction_type, settlement_institution,
settlement_institution_bank_domain_id, domain_i,product_group_id, channel_id
FROM `dfs`.`***`.`/tbl_settlement`

I end up with the following exception

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: SYSTEM ERROR:
SchemaChangeException: Failure while trying to materialize incoming schema.
Errors: Error in expression at index -1. Error: Missing function
implementation: [castTINYINT(VARCHAR-OPTIONAL)]. Full expression: --UNKNOWN
EXPRESSION--.. Fragment 0:0 [Error Id: 55c13096-085a-4d0c-9eca-5c7bbc2d1b8f on
bdnode3.interswitch.com:31010]?

Please What am I doing wrong

Kind Regards